12.10.2013

But Wait, There's More!

I just came across several photos of a landscaping project we tackled back during late Summer in the west side of our yard.  Here is a photo of how it looked before.

We buried that winding paver path earlier in the Spring.  Even with a sod cutter, it was a lot of work.  As you can see, I'd already created a bed along the edge of the house on the left there as well as a few scattered plants along the fence.

After renting a sod cutter again to remove the lawn, this is what the same area looks like now.

 I am pretty amazed at what a difference a few plants and some fresh mulch can make.

 Here is one more shot that shows the view of my little mailbox garden from inside the gate.  I love how the neighbor's Aspen tree arches way over into our yard and provides some afternoon dappled shade.

1 comment:

  1. That is really a worthwhile project for it defines the yard and house and plants so much better. I know it was a lot of work but it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete